Accessories

Accessories

Monday 4 January 2016

Celebrating Summer Blog Hop

Happy New Year!

And welcome to our first Blog Hop for 2016 - all about Celebrating Summer!


A "Blog Hop" is a circular link between a group of bloggers (in this case my fellow CTMH consultant team members), all showcasing a variation on a theme.  No matter where you start, you can view all our blogs in this blog hop.  If you have come from Helen's blog then you are on the right track.

What do you think of when you think of summer? Yummy fruits? Holidays away? Pyjama Days with no school to worry about? In our family it tends to be all about the pool and sharing fun times with family and friends.

I've been wanting to do something with this cute little 5"x7" Hinged Display Tray for quite some time now, so thought this was the perfect time to showcase some of our Mothers' Group Christmas Celebration (from 2014).

Here is the completed tray in all its glory - firstly standing up, then lying down. I couldn't get a standing up photo in good light because the wind kept blowing it over, but I hope the inside photo gives you an idea of how it looks on display.






I've used some of our beautiful new papers from the Seasonal Expressions 1 Ideas Book (catalogue), as well as some of the matching stamps. 

Let's have a closer look shall we...

In the top left hand corner I have a cool stamp saying Love Summer from the new Beach Days stamp. It coordinates with the Artistry Cricut Cartridge, so I cut the shape out to allow me to stamp it easily. I used some old Baker's Twine that I had, but there are still some other colours available on my website. The paper behind the saying (that does hang when the tray is standing up!) is from our new Penelope range - which I just love. So bright and cheerful! You'll also notice, if you click on the link, that our new paper packets have even more patterns in them - 6 different varieties instead of 3!!! Go have a look :)



The bottom left hand corner also contains stamps from the Beach Days stamp, stuck on with some 3-D Foam Tape to make the images pop a bit.



The bottom left hand corner on the right hand side uses a different paper from the Penelope packet, along with stamps from our new My Anchor stamp set. The My Anchor stamp set is one of 4 new stamp sets that have coordinating Thin Cuts. Thin Cuts are dies that you can use in your embossing machines (like Cuttlebug or Big Shot, etc.), to cut the shapes out for you. I've also used them for the title I've adhered on this side - Oh Happy Day!




The top right hand corner has more Penelope paper, a heart from My Anchor, and a rosette made from yet another Penelope paper.



Here's a final look at the left and right sides up close:




I hope you've enjoyed looking at my small project. Now why don't you hop on over and have a look at Wendy's Paper Ink Bling blog to see what gorgeous creation she has to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment