Accessories

Accessories

Saturday 4 February 2017

Seasonal Expressions 1 Blog Hop

Welcome to our first Blog Hop for 2017! This month it's all about the Seasonal Expressions 1 Idea Book - if you haven't seen it yet you can check it out here.

For those of you who are new here, a blog hop is a big circle where you start at a blog post (like this one), and once you've read the post you click the link to go to the next one. You keep doing that until you end up back here 😊.

If you have come here from Kerry's Creative Collection, then you're right on track.

This month we are focusing on some of the amazing new products in our Seasonal Expressions 1 Idea Book. This Idea Book runs from January 1 until April 30, unless products are sold out sooner. So, if there's something you really really like, I would suggest you order it sooner rather than later.

Now, I have a confession to make. When I first got my copy of the Idea Book, I wasn't thrilled about some of the paper packs. I looked at them in the Idea Book and went "Meh." I still ordered them (I like to have them on hand for you guys - my favourite isn't always yours), but I left them sitting in the box. Then it came time to work on this blog post.

We were away all of January, so I hadn't really had much time to look at the products. I planned on showcasing the Hello Lovely papers. We were given that pack at our convention last year, and I thought it was beautiful. But then I thought I should pull all the other papers out and have a look at them.

OK, so I was totally wrong. And seeing something on a screen or in an Idea Book does not always do it justice. I love, love, LOVE these Sugar Rush products. The papers are beautiful, the Sugar Rush Dots are just the right touch of glittery, and the Sugar Rush Complements are really sweet! (Pun intended, lol). I also really love the Sugar Rush Cardmaking Thin Cuts Bundle, as I truly believe you can never, ever, have enough Thin Cuts!

So when you want it all, what do you do? Why, you get the Workshops Your Way scrapbooking kit of course! This kit contains the paper pack, the complements, the dots, and the Sugar Rush Washi Pack, as well as some coordinating cardstock. It gives you everything you need to make 3 double page layouts, as well as the paper needed to make 9 cards (the card bases are not included).

I love Workshops Your Way as they are so easy to follow to put together beautiful pages - no need to think about paper or photo placement, what colours match, where the title or journalling should go. Close To My Heart's design team have put together amazing layouts for you.

I haven't put photos on my layouts yet, but here are the pages I've done with white cardstock where the photos will go. You can also see the design guide here.










The little touches of embellishments are just so cute!

I also wanted to show you what you get leftover to use on other projects. The first picture shows you the decorative zip strips, the Picture My Life-style cards, and the left over paper.


This second picture shows you the stickers, embellishments, and washi tape left over. There is a heap there for you to use on more pages or cards.


I hope you've enjoyed having a look at my Sugar Rush. Now hop on over to Cindy's blog Cindy Scraps and see what she likes.

1 comment:

  1. I really love how easy the Workshop Your Ways make scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete