Accessories

Accessories

Thursday 5 May 2016

It's May...that means....new products!!!

Welcome to our blog hop for May. I'm so excited that this month we're showcasing our favourite products from the brand new Seasonal Expressions 2 Ideas Book. It's always exciting when we get to share the amazing new products that Close To My Heart have come out with, so hopefully this blog hop will give you a great overview of some of the things you can play with.

A blog hop is a big circle, so if you've come from Kerry's blog, Kerry's Creative Collection, then you're on the right track.

Today I want to showcase one of our brand new paper collections and Workshop Your Way Kits. Workshop Your Way Kits are our newest way to make beautiful page layouts and stunning cards, all while taking advantage of the layouts and cutting guides provided by our head office and some talented scrappers and cardmakers. Each Workshop Your Way Kit contains a paper packet, some embellishments, some cardstock, and ideas to make 3 double page layouts, 8 or 9 cards, and a double page Picture My Life layout. There's also plenty of embellishments and paper leftover to use on your other projects too.

Everyone who knows me knows that I am absolutely CRAZY about Disney. I love, love, love it. The theme parks, the cruise line, the movies, just everything about it. So imagine how excited I was to see our new Disney-inspired My Reflections line called Magical. It truly is Magical - the paper packet has those classic theme park colours of red, yellow, black, and white (hmmm....Mickey Mouse colours anyone?), the Complements include a castle die-cut and a Let's Ride title, and the matching sequins are just oh-so-cute.

So, what better way than to show you the Magical Workshop Your Way Kit than to complete one of the layouts with some photos from our recent trip to Disneyland. And with a title of Let's Ride, how could I not put some of our ride photos on the page!

Our 7yo daughter is a total thrill-seeker when it comes to rides. She absolutely adores Splash Mountain, but the other thrill rides at Disneyland come a very close second. This layout has space for 7 photos, so I was able to put all the main rides on it.



I do have close-ups of each side, but for some reason they rotate when I place them on the blog. So, if you bend your head to the right (go ahead, I won't laugh!), you should be able to see some more detail :).





 One of the things I love about the Workshop Your Way Kits is that there is no stamping required to complete the layouts as prescribed. Of course, you can always change these layouts to add your own flair, including stamps, if you wish, but if you just want simple and quick then you can copy these exactly with only a trimmer, adhesive, and a pair of scissors. So quick and simple.

Now, I have to say, just because I look at these and see Disney, it doesn't mean that these papers and complements can only be used for Disney. I have already seen a gorgeous layout using family photos shot in Sydney, a layout of a couple going to their high school formal, and some fun layouts of children on play equipment at a playcentre, all using the Magical Workshop Your Way Kit. There are so many uses for this collection - I would love to see what you make with it. You can purchase any of this collection, and anything from our new Seasonal Expressions 2 Idea Book from my website, or by emailing me directly.

Now, I invite you to follow the blog hop circle and see what Cindy has to share in her Cindy Scraps blog.

Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment